No matter how you’re getting there (plane, road trip, etc.), we love head-to-toe black. It’s elegant, slimming and especially road resilient. Start with a few basic, comfortable pieces (chances are you already have some favorites in your closet), and add a coordinating scarf that can double as a blanket. Then add more black. Your travel day just got chic and easy! (Check out Asos for a ton of other great ‘blanket scarves’.)
Because Christmas morning is only 16 days away, we’ve chosen our absolute favorite pajamas of the season – perfect for getting or gifting. J Crew is currently offering 25% off your purchase of $100+, and 30% off your purchase of $150+. And they have some of the best men’s, girls, and boys sleepwear too. So, you could take care of what you’re wearing, and cross multiple items off your gift list in one big holiday fell swoop!
Do you have some parties penciled in over the next few weeks? Mango has such an awesome selection of stylish party wear that we couldn’t help but feature it. We picked our favorites but there’s more to choose from too! The pieces are seriously affordable. Two of the dresses above are $119.99 and one is $129.99 – it’s hard to beat those prices. We love the line because the pieces are classically styled with just the right amount of holiday flare (more or less depending on your preference). And all the items coordinate so it’s easy to create one or two great looking outfits – you can be effortlessly celebratory in just a few clicks!
You know you want one. There are two kinds – one is the ultimate seasonal sweater that’s made a comeback from the 80’s and is the star of the very popular ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’ party. The other is the more subdued version that is currently on-trend, cool and chic. We’ve compiled a selection of both, so you’re sure to find a festive sweater for both your ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’ party, and any ultra festive mood that strikes! This one, this one and this one also make particularly great gifts for an office or white elephant party that calls for a humorous gift at an under $25 price point. If you’re looking for more over-the-top Christmas gear, check out Tipsy Elves. They have a ton of fun items including sweaters, leggings, jumpsuits and accessories, and a great selection for men and kids too!
There’s nothing like cutting down your own Christmas tree to infuse your weekend with holiday spirit (and by that we mean there’s nothing like strolling through a field of Christmas trees, picking the perfect one, and watching your husband/boyfriend saw it down and tie it to the top of the car). You need boots, cute, comfortable layers and Starbucks, and he’ll need gloves, twine, a tarp and a chainsaw. Where to go to forage in a Christmas tree forest?
- Where and How to Cut Your Own Christmas Tree in the Boston Area.
- Where to Cut Down Your Own Christmas Tree in New Jersey.
- North Carolina Christmas Trees.
- Portland, Oregon area Christmas Tree Farms.
- Joe’s Trees in Virginia.
Because some of your Holiday Gatherings may be right around the corner, the easiest way to pull together a seasonal outfit is to pair a festive dress or top with the basics you already have. What are you going to wear for your gift exchange with friends, that house party, the office party, your husband’s company dinner, Christmas Eve and the New Year’s party?! Whew! All our picks make it super easy to create the ideal outfit by simply adding the black basics and jeans that are already in your closet. The holidays just got easier, right? Cheers!
We love the idea of wearing pants and a jacket to holiday parties. There’s something about mixing masculinity with feminine sparkle and glitz that feels uber confident and sexy. This jacket from Boden also comes in silver and black velvet, and the sparkly jeans from Joe’s also come in indigo. Craving more festive fancy pants and party jackets? We love:
- This silver sequin blazer from Nasty Gal ($88)
- These holiday-green sequined trousers from French Connection ($238)
- The updated and on-trend black sequin jogger pant from Sam Edelman ($129), Warehouse ($123.18) and Trouvé ($98).
- These gold skimmer pants ($94.50) from J Crew Factory.
- And this Line and Dot black sequin tuxedo blazer ($195) – turn even a white tee and jeans into a party perfect outfit by adding this blazer and strappy heels.
Unless you’re an online shopping wizard (Outfituation’s ‘Gift Lists’ debuting soon!), it’s inevitable that you’ll be venturing out into actual stores for some grocery and gift shopping. Instead of overheating in a sweater (hello stuffy stores, warm crowds and long lines), we love to layer a shirt and jacket to allow for varying temperatures. This one is from Madewell – they have a ton of cute shirts for both wearing and gifting (some at 20% off through Nov. 24). This jacket is from C Wonder. If you haven’t checked them out lately, you seriously need to! They’re currently offering 30% off everything. Happy shopping!
Don’t you love a great sweater that you can wear over the holidays and throughout the winter too? We’re obsessed with this sweater from J Crew – perfect for those days when you have an extra bounce in your step and basic just won’t do! And if one sweater isn’t enough to get your celebratory on, we found these lovlies too:
- Gap Holiday Stripe Wool Sweater (get $45 off your purchase of $100+ until 11/20).
- A perfect, fun, weekend sweater from Kate Spade Saturday.
- This is the cutest, coziest, girliest cardigan ever – Unif Hole Cardigan.
Invited to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends or relatives? Arrive in both style and comfort in a great pair of flare jeans – a more comfortable alternative to tighter, skinny jeans. We love this pair from Frame Denim; it features a higher rise and a mid-weight, stretchy denim. Perfect for pumpkin pie-ing. Our other favorites include:
- Gap’s 1969 Long and Lean Jeans (these jeans have a 4 star rating and at $69.95 they’re hard to beat).
- If 7 for All Mankind is your go-to brand, these lighter washed flare jeans are an awesome choice.
- A flare jean from Free People that are actually ‘pull-on’ jeans (they have a faux-front closure and elastic waistband). But they’re definitely not your grandma’s pants. They come in several colors and have a boho, cool vibe. Kinda like a pajama jean if you ask us, which is a great turkey, football, celebrating, lounging kind of jean!